United Britannian Fleet Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

United Britannian Fleet Forum!

Welcome! Make yourself at home in the fleet.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Division Symbols

Go down 
+7
mhayhem
Razor
maracuja247
Merlin86
Rear Admiral Rolland
JohnTyre
andytudor
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
koolkikij

koolkikij

Division Symbols - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division Symbols   Division Symbols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:20 pm

andytudor wrote:
Please find below an updated Starfleet logo for Merlin to use in the avatars.

It's based on the classic STAR TREK logo but with the stylings of the new STO logo.

Here is the original for it to be incorporated how you wish (ie.. the existing pips on the current avatar can easily be placed underneath)...

Division Symbols - Page 2 Ubf_st10

... and here is how it looks as a 100x100 avatar for the STO forums (keeping to their strict 19.5 kB size limit whilst retaining legibility)...

Division Symbols - Page 2 Ubf_st10

Any changes required, just let me know

VERY VERY VERY nice Andy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mhayhem

mhayhem

PostSubject: Re: Division Symbols   Division Symbols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:26 pm

That looks fantastic,work of the highest calibre.
Back to top Go down
andytudor

andytudor

PostSubject: Re: Division Symbols   Division Symbols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:42 pm

Thanks for the responses above guys - glad you like 'em Smile

I've updated the UBF banner now with more 'tech'...

• I added a LCARS-style surround that contains some of the division seals within it (no offense to any division that is not present there - they were selected purely for visual variety)
  • The entire image now has a transparent background so it will work against any color you put behind it (bearing in mind dark colors like space will work best)
  • I added the Excalibur ship from the STO website to balance the image out more
  • I gave everything the same bluey glow as I used in the avatar images above for consistency

Division Symbols - Page 2 Ubf_ba11
Hope you enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Vasily Pasternyak

Vasily Pasternyak

PostSubject: Re: Division Symbols   Division Symbols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:04 pm

it looks great there
Back to top Go down
koolkikij

koolkikij

PostSubject: Re: Division Symbols   Division Symbols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:31 am

andytudor wrote:
Thanks for the responses above guys - glad you like 'em Smile

I've updated the UBF banner now with more 'tech'...

• I added a LCARS-style surround that contains some of the division seals within it (no offense to any division that is not present there - they were selected purely for visual variety)
  • The entire image now has a transparent background so it will work against any color you put behind it (bearing in mind dark colors like space will work best)
  • I added the Excalibur ship from the STO website to balance the image out more
  • I gave everything the same bluey glow as I used in the avatar images above for consistency

Division Symbols - Page 2 Ubf_ba11
Hope you enjoy!

nevermind, i figured out how to set it as a header. see here! http://unitedbritfleet.guildlaunch.com/index.php?tab=&custom_id=&gid=125701
Back to top Go down
JohnTyre

JohnTyre

PostSubject: Re: Division Symbols   Division Symbols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:51 am

Andy again you have me in Awe of your talent...you are such a great addition to the Fleet....
Words can not say how great your work is...
Back to top Go down
Spaztoid

Spaztoid

PostSubject: Re: Division Symbols   Division Symbols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 6:25 am

Now, I must say, those are really, really cool. However, I do have one point to make. If we are to adopt a new fleet logo, I suggest we avoid using the starfleet emblem, dueto the fact that it's copy righted
Back to top Go down
andytudor

andytudor

PostSubject: Re: Division Symbols   Division Symbols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:41 pm

Minor tweak to the STO forum avatar so it works better against their colored background (and the text can be bigger since it's 100x100)...

Division Symbols - Page 2 Ubf_st11

NB... It won't look much different on this forum (in fact the edges may look slightly worse than the one I posted yesterday) but it looks much better on their dark blue/purple forum background color (see my profile over here)
Back to top Go down
JohnTyre

JohnTyre

PostSubject: Re: Division Symbols   Division Symbols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 5:02 pm

Spaztoid wrote:
Now, I must say, those are really, really cool. However, I do have one point to make. If we are to adopt a new fleet logo, I suggest we avoid using the starfleet emblem, dueto the fact that it's copy righted

Well I think that would be hard since alot are using it for a game based on Star trek Smile
Back to top Go down
andytudor

andytudor

PostSubject: Re: Division Symbols   Division Symbols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:18 pm

Tweaks to the existing gold Fleet Admiral seal in order to differentiate it from the new silver Fleet XO seal...

Division Symbols - Page 2 Ubf_fl14Division Symbols - Page 2 Ubf_fl13
Back to top Go down
Merlin86
Admin
Merlin86

PostSubject: Re: Division Symbols   Division Symbols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 6:52 pm

and they are very good
Back to top Go down
https://britannianforum.forumotion.com
alphaflare

alphaflare

PostSubject: Re: Division Symbols   Division Symbols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:46 pm

where do i get the new avatars
this is the first post i have made well
Back to top Go down
mhayhem

mhayhem

PostSubject: Re: Division Symbols   Division Symbols - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:11 am

andytudor wrote:
Tweaks to the existing gold Fleet Admiral seal in order to differentiate it from the new silver Fleet XO seal...

Division Symbols - Page 2 Ubf_fl14Division Symbols - Page 2 Ubf_fl13

That is damn fine work and reflects the image of the Fleet well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Division Symbols   Division Symbols - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Division Symbols
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2