United Britannian Fleet Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

United Britannian Fleet Forum!

Welcome! Make yourself at home in the fleet.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Britannian Science & Medical Division, Division Manual

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lunarj

lunarj

Britannian Science & Medical Division, Division Manual Empty
PostSubject: Britannian Science & Medical Division, Division Manual   Britannian Science & Medical Division, Division Manual Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:47 pm

R1 Mission Statement
R2 Structure
R3 Regulations
R4 Procedures
R5 Intra-Fleet Relations

Addendum 1
Hippocratic Oath

Last edited by lunarj on Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lunarj

lunarj

PostSubject: Re: Britannian Science & Medical Division, Division Manual   Britannian Science & Medical Division, Division Manual Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:47 pm

R1 Mission Statement
From the Admiral
I am J, head of the Britannian Science & Medical Division in the United Britannian Fleet.
The Division is charged with the study of
Inorganic Phenomenon: charting Nebula, examining alien technology, and generally expanding the boarders of Federation knowledge,
New Technology: Helping the other divisions of the UBF to develop new and better systems, equipment, and weapons,
New Life Forms: Identifying new non-sentient life forms and studying pre-warp cultures, and
Providing Medical Support to the fleet along with furthering the science of healing.

However, I hope to set the this division apart among the myriad divisions of the fleet by the environment I hope to foster. Some of you may have seen, in other games, large fleets or guilds where the atmosphere was too competitive or even hostile for you. I hope to set up Science & Medical as an oasis apart from such conflicts. By structurally organizing the division with a smaller chain of command, I hope to establish a group of equals who like the idea of having the resources of a big fleet, but don’t want the nastiness that sometimes accompanies it.

This is a game, and hopefully it will be a good game. I want us all to have fun together.
J

Last edited by lunarj on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lunarj

lunarj

PostSubject: Re: Britannian Science & Medical Division, Division Manual   Britannian Science & Medical Division, Division Manual Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:48 pm

R2 Structure
The Britannian Science & Medical Division is built around taskforces called Sections.
The First Section is headed by the Admiral and all members are initially inducted into the First Section as Ensigns upon completion of the Academy. The First Section will, in addition to acting as a normal section, serve as a shakedown/division training section for the Division.

Once the Admiral is satisfied that an Ensign is prepared for promotion, they progress directly to the rank of Commander. Commanders in the first division can either be transferred to fill a vacancy in an existing Section, or retained to form a new section once enough Ensigns are promoted.

All Sections other than the First Section are comprised of three to five members of Commander through Fleet-Captain Rank, and one member of Admiralty Rank who serves as Section Leader. While the Division members may differ in rank, Commanders Captains and Fleet-Captains, they each report directly to the Section Leader. In short, Captains are not entitled to issue orders to Commanders, nor are Fleet-Captains entitled to issue orders to Captains and Commanders. Furthermore, Section Leaders are expected to run their Sections with a light hand and the Admiral’s door is always open to complaints that a Section Leader is behaving dictatorially, thus abusing his authority.

Promotion to Captain and Fleet-Captain is by recommendation of the Section Leader and approval of the Admiral; however, failure to promote qualified, hard working Commanders will be considered abuse of the Section Leader’s authority.

Captains and Fleet-Captains with a good track record can be promoted to fill vacancies left by departing Section Leaders, or to head a new Section. Section Leaders begin as Commodores, although promotion is possible to Rear or even Vice Admiral for dedicated or meritorious service. However, the Section leaders, who will collectively form a body known as the Constellation, are a peerage. Each Section leader is an equal regardless of rank.

The Admiral is not unaccountable, and the Constellation has procedures to counter balance his authority. (See R4.5)
Back to top Go down
lunarj

lunarj

PostSubject: Re: Britannian Science & Medical Division, Division Manual   Britannian Science & Medical Division, Division Manual Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:48 pm

R3 Regulations
I The first rule of the Science & Medical Division is, you do not research the Omega Particle

II The second rule of the Science & Medical Division is, you do not research the Omega Particle
Furthermore, the Omega Directive will be considered in effect and binding. I remind you that once Omega has been discovered, all other priorities, including the Prime Directive are rescinded as secondary to Omega’s destruction.

III The research or possession of Weapons designed to exterminate the population of a planet before they can be evacuated, including but not limited to Trilithium weapons, Biogenic weapons, Subspace weapons, and weaponized Red Matter, is a violation of Federation Law and treaties the Federation signed in good faith. I will seek and expect the assistance of the Jag dealing with any accusation of possession or research of Weapons of Planetary Destruction. Upon discovery, WPDs must be immediately reported to the Science & Medical Division and either transported to a UBF base or destroyed.

IV As the Fleet will support the Division’s research efforts, all Admirals may request specific research programs, but the priority of the Division’s efforts will be set by the Admiral in conjunction with the Command Staff.

V All Federation guidelines for ethical research and experimentation will be considered in effect and binding.

VI All members of the Science & Medical Division are bound by their specific Chain of Command. This means that Section Members report to their Section Leader, who reports to the Admiral. Members are not entitled to issue orders to others due to their positions in the general Chain of Command.

VII Section Leaders are tasked with guiding the actions of their subordinates, not directing them. Dictatorial behavior will be considered grounds for demotion.

VIII Research should be shared freely within the fleet, however, research may not be shared with another fleet, including allied fleets, without permission from the Admiral of Exploration.

IX All Doctors are bound by the Hippocratic Oath, see Addendum 1.

X CLASSIFIED Admiral Rank Only
Those with Admiralty Clearance Please Submit a request to the Admiral of Science & Medical to view the Classified Regulation.

Last edited by lunarj on Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lunarj

lunarj

R4 Procedures

R4.1 Research Procedures
still under construction

R4.2 Ranks of the UBF
When interacting with members of other Divisions of the fleet, members will be conscious of their position within the general chain of command, and will behave accordingly unless specified under section R5.

R4.4 Discipline
All regulations of the UBF are binding upon the members of the Science & Medical Division, however, the Division reserves the right to handle its own disciplinary matters with the knowledge and consent of the JAG.

When accused, all fleet members have the right to a full JAG trial at their request.

The Admiral may, at his discretion, offer Division members Non-Judicial Punishment. NJP is treated as a plea of no contest to the charge placed against them, however, the penalty is likely to be less severe than that offered by a JAG inquiry should the member be found guilty. Once the member has invoked their right to a trial, the Admiral has no influence over what if any sentence is imposed should the member be found guilty.

R4.5 The Constellation
The Constellation is a council comprised of Leaders of each Section of the Science & Medical Division.
It will meet bi-weekly, or as needed, on GSC.
The Constellation will not meet until there are at least three active Sections.
The Admiral will only vote to break a tie.
Constellation members may vote in absentia after the fact, and no vote is considered binding if it could be changed by the vote of absent members.
The Constellation can overrule any executive action by the Head of the BSD by a two thirds majority.
A unanimous vote of no confidence requires the Admiral to offer his resignation to the Fleet Admiral of the UBF who then has the option of accepting or rejecting it.
Back to top Go down
lunarj

lunarj

PostSubject: Re: Britannian Science & Medical Division, Division Manual   Britannian Science & Medical Division, Division Manual Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:49 pm

R5 Intra-Fleet Relations
still under construction
Back to top Go down
lunarj

lunarj

PostSubject: Re: Britannian Science & Medical Division, Division Manual   Britannian Science & Medical Division, Division Manual Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 10:07 pm

Addendum 1
Hippocratic Oath
(Abridged)

I swear by Apollo, the healer, and all the gods and goddesses there may be, to keep the following Oath and agreement:

I will prescribe regimens only for the good of my patients according to my ability and my judgment; and above all do no harm.

I will not give a lethal drug to anyone if I am asked, nor will I advise such a plan.

But in every house where I come I will enter only for the good of my patients, keeping myself far from all intentional ill-doing and all temptations.

All that may come to my knowledge in the exercise of my profession, I will keep secret and will never reveal.

If I keep this oath faithfully, may I enjoy my life and practice my art, respected by all; but if I swerve from it or violate it, may these things be taken from me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Britannian Science & Medical Division, Division Manual   Britannian Science & Medical Division, Division Manual Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Britannian Science & Medical Division, Division Manual
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
United Britannian Fleet Forum!-
Jump to: