United Britannian Fleet Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

United Britannian Fleet Forum!

Welcome! Make yourself at home in the fleet.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question...

Go down 
+2
Kutocer
ScottMcCoy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ScottMcCoy

ScottMcCoy

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:33 pm

I've been looking around Star Trek Online and haven't found any information on possible careers and specialties like medical, engineering, science and so forth. Anyone know where that info is?
Back to top Go down
Kutocer

Kutocer

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:41 pm

Not too much has been released just yet apart from knowing the 3 roles that you can choose from the beginning.

Kut...
Back to top Go down
ScottMcCoy

ScottMcCoy

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:44 pm

Kutocer wrote:
Not too much has been released just yet apart from knowing the 3 roles that you can choose from the beginning.

Kut...

Where can I find those?
Back to top Go down
Kutocer

Kutocer

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:49 pm

Taken from the Q&A section at Startrekonline.com.

Q: Can I play something other than a Captain like a Doctor or an Engineer?
A: Everyone is a Captain, (remember, if you command a ship, you are automatically a Captain), and you will command a crew, but that does not limit your role. Your character will still be able to choose from a variety of career paths, such as Engineer, Tactical Officer, Doctor, Science Officer, etc. Your career path is your root, and will affect your skills, and how you command your crew. Consider Jean-Luc Picard, Beverly Crusher, Worf and Kathryn Janeway. Picard was an archeologist and diplomat, Crusher was a doctor, Worf a security/tactical officer, and Janeway was a scientist. Each eventually chose a career in command and became ship captains. This does not mean the game will limit your ship choices based on your profession – far from it. The examples are simply an example of how the game design was inspired.

Kut...
Back to top Go down
ScottMcCoy

ScottMcCoy

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Thank you   Question... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 7:02 pm

Thanks for the help. I imagine you will be a tactical officer because you're going to be Chief Security Officer?
Back to top Go down
Kutocer

Kutocer

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:03 pm

ScottMcCoy wrote:
Thanks for the help. I imagine you will be a tactical officer because you're going to be Chief Security Officer?

Aye i'm very much a fighter and want a Vigilant Class ship to lead the attack. I just love that little ship, Worf: Little? hehe

Kut...
Back to top Go down
Kutocer

Kutocer

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:29 pm

I do love the excalibur class as well and that well may be the alt i have but there's something sexy about hte Vigilant.

Kut...
Back to top Go down
Kutocer

Kutocer

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:36 pm

Sir you sure will do. Me up there flying in between the ships moving like a rabbit on speed Very Happy

Kut...
Back to top Go down
ScottMcCoy

ScottMcCoy

Question... Empty
PostSubject: My choice   Question... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:10 pm

I chose the Excalibur as of now, but that NX-91001 doesn't look too shabby either. It outperforms the Excalibur in almost every way. I wonder what it's downsides are though.
Back to top Go down
ScottMcCoy

ScottMcCoy

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:00 pm

charliescene wrote:
its probably not a free roam ship, and must be used in some restricted way

What makes you think that?

And why can't we have signatures? I made one but it doesn't show up.
Back to top Go down
ScottMcCoy

ScottMcCoy

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 1:05 am

charliescene wrote:
just all those stats and armaments on it in the ships of the line

oh ok. do you know why signatures dont show up?
Back to top Go down
Kutocer

Kutocer

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 5:02 pm

I think you will find that a option within the forums CP needs to be switched on. I can't get my sig to work either.

Kut...
Back to top Go down
Brokenc

Brokenc

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 5:01 pm

I Still havn't decided between the Vigilant Class or The NX-91001. They both appear to be good choices...depending on how much trouble you want to get yourself in.

BrokenC
Back to top Go down
Brokenc

Brokenc

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 4:31 pm

charliescene wrote:
its probably not a free roam ship, and must be used in some restricted way

It's probably just a higher tier of ship. Better in every way
Back to top Go down
Merlin86
Admin
Merlin86

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:19 am

there is no Starfleet Academy in game, you will start off a Captain of a smaller ship and grow from there
Back to top Go down
https://britannianforum.forumotion.com
Versac

Versac

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:34 am

Razor wrote:
This might be a stupid question but humor me are the elorg bloc the breen? Suspect
Nope. Here's a good map of the alpha/beta quadrents, I'm thinking that this is going to be good to know in a few months. Cool

EDIT: Wow. I neglected to post the link. Here it is:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Star_trek_map2.jpg
Back to top Go down
ScottMcCoy

ScottMcCoy

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 8:50 pm

Versac wrote:
Razor wrote:
This might be a stupid question but humor me are the elorg bloc the breen? Suspect
Nope. Here's a good map of the alpha/beta quadrents, I'm thinking that this is going to be good to know in a few months. Cool

Wow I never knew there was a map
Back to top Go down
Merlin86
Admin
Merlin86

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:15 am

ScottMcCoy wrote:
Versac wrote:
Razor wrote:

Wow I never knew there was a map

really, that is the second map that have been posted on here, I myself posted one of them
Back to top Go down
https://britannianforum.forumotion.com
ScottMcCoy

ScottMcCoy

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:23 am

I can't keep up with every post Merlin! haha
Back to top Go down
charliescene

charliescene

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:41 pm

i have a question mccoy, whats up pimp?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
United Britannian Fleet Forum! :: The Lounge :: Lounge-
Jump to: